- The significance of this travel conditions document
This document fulfills the requirements of Travel Agency Law Chapter 12 article 4 for the Explanation Form for the Conditions of Transaction as well as Travel Agency Law Chapter 12 article 5 for Contracts.
- Voluntary Vacation Plan Contracts
- This trip is planned by Sado Koryu Net, who is seeking interested customers. Those customers participating in this tour package will be entering into a Voluntary Vacation Plan Contract (Heretofore referred to as Vacation Contract) with this company.
- The contents and conditions of this Vacation Contract are outlined in the advertisement, pamphlet, this travel agency’s Conditions Form, the confirmation documents that will be provided before this vacation’s departure (including final itinerary), and this travel agency’s Voluntary Vacation Plan Contract Article.
- Notes before you book
- If you are registering for several participants at once, please select one member of your party to be your representative and be in charge of registering the entire party. This travel agency will enter into the contract with the representative as the person responsible for the traveling party and will send any necessary communications to that representative.
- Any person age 15 and under must always be in the presence of his/her guardian.
- We cannot allow any activities outside of the planned itinerary. However, depending on the selected course, we may be able to accommodate some separate activities.
- Registration Methods and Contract
Please enter all of the required information in the on-line registration form. Once submitted, customers will receive an automated response confirming their reservation has been finalized. This confirmation is the contract.
- Payment for Travel expenses
From August 18 (Fri) – 20 (Sun), 9:00 – 17:00, payments will be accepted in CASH ONLY at the Sado “Explore & Experience Sado Island” Registration counter in Ogi Marine Plaza. (Credit cards not accepted). Furthermore, payments for C. Sado Gold Mine Modern Industrialization Heritage Tour, F. Osado Natural Giant Cedar Forest Trekking, H. Discover the Sado Gold & Silver Mine & Aikawa Township (Trial Tour for Foreign Visitors) will be accepted at the Sado Tourism Association Aikawa Information Office.
- About the mailing of Confirmation Documents
We will be sending confirmation documents (including daily itineraries and precautions) by early August.
- Cancellations and Refunds
If a customer needs to cancel his/her plans, cancellations may incur fees.
- Cancellations made before 7 days prior to the tour departure date: no cancellation fees
- Cancellations made after 7 days prior to the tour departure date: cancellation fee is 30% of the total travel cost or less
- Cancellations made on the day before the tour departure date: cancellation fee is 40% of the total travel cost or less
- Cancellations made on the day of the tour departure date: cancellation fee is 50% of the total travel cost or less
- Cancellations made after the tour departure date or no-shows: cancellation fee is 100% of the total travel cost
- Our responsibilities
- Upon fulfillment of the tour, in the case that this travel agency or an instructor hired by this travel agency has caused damages or losses to our customers, we will compensate for those damages or losses as long as we are notified within 2 years from the day after those damages or losses were incurred (or within 14 days if the damages or losses were incurred on luggage). In regards to damage or loss of baggage, compensation is limited to 150,000 yen per person (if this travel agency caused this damage or loss intentionally, or if there is a case of mass negligence, the amount of compensation is not limited to this amount).
- Customers who suffer damages or loss due to the following causes will not be compensated by this travel agency as outlined in the preceding clause:
- Natural disasters, war, uprisings, or in the event that there is a change in travel days or cancellation due to such events.
- An accident due to shipping or accommodations, or fire, or any change in travel days or cancellation due to such events.
- Government orders, quarantines due to breakouts of infectious diseases, or any change in travel days or cancellation due to such events.
- Any accident that occurs during free time.
- Food poisoning.
- Delay, loss, scheduling changes and routing changes by the shipping company, and any changes on the itinerary or shortening of time at the destination due to such events.
- The Customers’ Responsibilities
- In the event that this travel agency suffers any damages of losses due to the customer’s fault or intentions, that customer will be required to compensate for those damages and losses.
- The customer must apply the information provided by the travel agency and take full responsibility in understanding the traveler’s rights and responsibilities as well as the travel arrangements and agreements as outlined in this contract.
- Once the tour has begun, if the customer notices any discrepancies between the services promised in the contract and actual contents of the tour, the customer must notify the travel agency immediately.
- About your personal information
The personal information customers provide on-line will not be used for any other purpose except as needed to arrange the tour.
- Stipulations to this contract
Any matters not mentioned in this contract are subject to this travel agency’s Stipulations (in the chapter of Voluntary Vacation Plan Contracts). The Stipulations are available in print upon request. They are also available for view on this travel agency’s website at http://sado-kouryu.jp/ .