EC 2019 Main Lineup Announcement
Thank you for your patience, everyone! We are thrilled to announced the main concert lineup for EC this year. We hope you’ll join us for three days of exciting live performances and unique opportunities to enjoy the culture, nature, and tastes of Sado Island.
Since 2017, the main events at the heart of EC are the Harbour Market Concerts at Ogi Port Park.
On Day 1, we’re kicking off the main stage action with the first-ever outdoor performance of Kodo Next Generation, by a dynamic young cast from the world-renowned Kodo ensemble. This production returns to EC after a successful foreign debut at Paris’ Théâtre du Soleil in 2018.
On Day 2, Kodo and EC are thrilled to welcome a world-class percussion troupe from South Korea back to EC for the first time in 19 years: Kim Duk Soo SamulNori! We have also invited musician Koshiro Hino, a special guest whose multi-faceted, experimental approach is drawing attention in Japan and abroad. Trust us, you won’t want to miss it!
On Day 3, the lineup will end in true EC style with an extravaganza reserved for this event alone: a special performance by the entire Kodo ensemble!
- Main Event Dates: Aug. 16 (Fri)–18 (Sun)
- Location: Events held all over Sado Island, Niigata, Japan (Main concerts and market place held in Ogi area)
Aug. 16 (Fri), 2019
Harbour Market Concert “Kodo Next Generation 2019”
Director: Ryotaro Leo Ikenaga (Kodo)
Aug. 17 (Sat), 2019
Harbour Market Concert “Tribal Dance Music” (working title)
Director: Yuta Sumiyoshi (Kodo)
Featuring: Kim Duk Soo SamulNori, YPY (Koshiro Hino), Kodo
Aug. 18 (Sun), 2019
Harbour Market Concert “Kodo All Stars Special Performance”
Director: Mitsuru Ishizuka (Kodo)
Featuring: Kodo All Stars
Aug. 16 (Fri), 2019
EC Theatre “Chieko Kojima & Takahisa Suda in ‘Dojoji’–Produced by Yoko Kamiyabu”
Director: Yoko Kamiyabu
Featuring: Chieko Kojima [Kodo] (dance, taiko), Takahisa Suda (troubadour), Kana Hiramatsu (violin), Ryusuke Oishi (percussion), Yoko Kamiyabu (palmas)
Aug. 17 (Sat), 2019
EC Theatre “Kodo Ballad Collection”
Director: Yuki Hirata (Kodo)
Important Announcements from Earth Celebration Committee
1. EC 2019 Website Launch Brought Forward
- This year, we will bring forward our website launch and ticket sales start date so festivalgoers can plan their tickets, accomodations, and transport for EC more easily. The EC 2019 Official Website (English) will open in late April.
- Applications for Harbour Market Stalls and Fringe Performers will also open earlier this year.
2. Changes to Harbour Market Concerts
- To decrease audience member wait times before each concert, this year there will be two seating areas (front/back) with different prices. Ticket holders will enter their designated area in order of ticket number.
- This year, the Harbour Market Concert venue area inside Ogi Port Park will only be open to the public for the evening concerts. Due to this change, this year the EC Fringe performances will take place at nearby Kisaki Shrine.
Further details will be announced in English in late April 2019.
- EC 2020 Main Lineup Announcement
- The official photo gallery for Earth Celebration 2019 is now open!
- Missed out on watching the Live Streaming?
- Lost & Found items
- Today’s Farewell Taiko is Canceled
- Thank you to everyone for joining EC2019!
- Live Streaming of the Harbour Market Concert Aug. 18!
- Its the final day of EC 2019
- “Ogi Okesa” Dance Circle is tonight!
- A surprise performance after the Harbour Market Concert?!
- Learn About Kodo Apprentice Centre
- What is happening today at EC?
- Enjoy live streaming during EC!
- UPDATE: Aug. 16 (Fri) Harbour Market Concerts will commence at 19:30 tonight.
- UPDATE: Aug. 16 (Fri) Fringe Performances
- UPDATE: Aug. 16 Harbour Market Concert Tickets
- Aug. 16 (Fri) Updates on today’s events
- Fringe Performances announced!
- Follow us on Twitter for live updates during EC
- Status of EC events due to approaching Typhoon
- Contact Phone Numbers During EC
- Sado Experience Program Cancelations due to Typhoon
- Tips on what to bring to EC
- Important Announcement for Everyone Planning to Attend Earth Celebration 2019.
- Free Wi-Fi available during Earth Celebration!
- JR East Pass (Nagano, Niigata area) and Sado Niigata Pass
- Box Office Update: EC Theatre “Kodo Ballad Collection” is SOLD OUT
- Box Office Update: Harbour Market Concert “Kodo Next Generation 2019” (Aug. 16) Area S is SOLD OUT
- What’s the best way to get to Sado Island?
- Box Office Update: Harbour Market Concert “Kodo All-Star Special Performance” is SOLD OUT
- Join us for EC Theatre!
- Check out this year’s Harbour Market Concert special guests!
- Follow us on Instagram!
- No major damage on Sado Island caused by June 18 Northwest Japan earthquake
- Applications have closed for EC 2019 Fringe performers and volunteers.
- Harbour Market Concert “Kodo All-Star Special Performance” (Aug. 18): Area S tickets are SOLD OUT
- [Workshop Full] Taiko WS “Taiko no Warabe–Children of the Drum”
- Questions about Earth Celebration? Ask our hospitality manager anytime.
- Tickets – When and where to get them
- Ticket Sales Start Today for EC 2019 !
- EC 2019 Official English Website is Now Open!
- EC 2019 Main Lineup Announcement