Tips on what to bring to EC
Need a hand deciding what to pack for EC?
Here are some items that we think you’ll need during the festival:
These are a must to protect yourself from the summer sun!
– Insect repellant/Insect bite relief cream
Some people find Sado mosquito bites take a while to heal, so coming prepared with repellant is a good idea.
There are ATMs on Sado but they are not open around the clock. Credit cards are not widely accepted so bring cash for food and drinks and any impulse buys.
– Picnic mat
Useful for when you need a rest or to sit on at Harbour Market Concerts, the Fringe, and Hello Japan Sea Cinema screenings.
Street lights are scarce in some areas, so it can get quite dark when you are walking around at night.
– Wet wipes
Handy for freshening up.
– Folding Fan/Flat Fan
This will help you cool down when it’s really hot.
– Sandals and Sneakers
Sandals for hot days or at the beach. Sneakers because you’ll walk a lot at EC.
– Sports Towel/Tenugui (Japanese cotton towel)
Japanese summer is humid, so wearing a towel around your neck helps absorb the sweat while protecting your neck from the sun.
For extra comfort at Harbour Market Concerts bring:
– A large scarf/shawl
To protect yourself from UV rays or the cool ocean breeze at night.
– Foldable cushion mat
To make sitting on the lawn more comfortable.
– Foldable chair
In case you need a seat while you wait to enter the venue.
– Rain coat or poncho and rain pants
Concerts are held rain or shine but umbrellas are not permitted inside the venue. Come prepared!
(Most of the above items can be purchased at the 100 yen shop in Japan, but make sure you buy them BEFORE you board the ferry to Sado as there are not many shops near Ryotsu or Ogi Ports.)
- EC 2020 Main Lineup Announcement
- The official photo gallery for Earth Celebration 2019 is now open!
- Missed out on watching the Live Streaming?
- Lost & Found items
- Today’s Farewell Taiko is Canceled
- Thank you to everyone for joining EC2019!
- Live Streaming of the Harbour Market Concert Aug. 18!
- Its the final day of EC 2019
- “Ogi Okesa” Dance Circle is tonight!
- A surprise performance after the Harbour Market Concert?!
- Learn About Kodo Apprentice Centre
- What is happening today at EC?
- Enjoy live streaming during EC!
- UPDATE: Aug. 16 (Fri) Harbour Market Concerts will commence at 19:30 tonight.
- UPDATE: Aug. 16 (Fri) Fringe Performances
- UPDATE: Aug. 16 Harbour Market Concert Tickets
- Aug. 16 (Fri) Updates on today’s events
- Fringe Performances announced!
- Follow us on Twitter for live updates during EC
- Status of EC events due to approaching Typhoon
- Contact Phone Numbers During EC
- Sado Experience Program Cancelations due to Typhoon
- Tips on what to bring to EC
- Important Announcement for Everyone Planning to Attend Earth Celebration 2019.
- Free Wi-Fi available during Earth Celebration!
- JR East Pass (Nagano, Niigata area) and Sado Niigata Pass
- Box Office Update: EC Theatre “Kodo Ballad Collection” is SOLD OUT
- Box Office Update: Harbour Market Concert “Kodo Next Generation 2019” (Aug. 16) Area S is SOLD OUT
- What’s the best way to get to Sado Island?
- Box Office Update: Harbour Market Concert “Kodo All-Star Special Performance” is SOLD OUT
- Join us for EC Theatre!
- Check out this year’s Harbour Market Concert special guests!
- Follow us on Instagram!
- No major damage on Sado Island caused by June 18 Northwest Japan earthquake
- Applications have closed for EC 2019 Fringe performers and volunteers.
- Harbour Market Concert “Kodo All-Star Special Performance” (Aug. 18): Area S tickets are SOLD OUT
- [Workshop Full] Taiko WS “Taiko no Warabe–Children of the Drum”
- Questions about Earth Celebration? Ask our hospitality manager anytime.
- Tickets – When and where to get them
- Ticket Sales Start Today for EC 2019 !
- EC 2019 Official English Website is Now Open!
- EC 2019 Main Lineup Announcement